We are looking for an experienced cook/chef to run the kitchen of a set up located on a country tourist attraction in Verwood, Dorset. During the season we do experience a high volume of visitors at peak times. It is an essential key to be able to cope very well under pressure, be efficient in preparing and serving meals, be organised and responsible for the running of the kitchen – must be up to date with health & hygiene standards. We are a small team, during quieter periods candidate must feel confident in working alone in the kitchen but be able to instruct and work with others during peak periods. Please note this is a physical role as you are on your feet all day working in a lovely atmosphere. We are very proud to have been awarded 5 stars by our local authorities.
- Experience essential
- Must hold an up to date Health & Hygiene certificate
- Seasonal position beginning MARCH – NOVEMBER
- 5/6 days a week
- 9.45am – 4.45pm (early finishes available in the low season)
- We welcome you to contact us with CV
We are currently looking for somebody to join the farm who meets the following criteria;
– Capable of assisting with the running of a ‘hands on’ award winning farm park.
– Responsible for the care and up keep of a variety of farm animals including heavy horses.
– Confident in leading groups such as school groups and visitors and carrying out activities such as farm yard tours
– Able to entertain members of the public from all age groups. Willing to go out the way to interact and show involvement in tasks and with visitors.
– Can work independently and efficiently as well as amongst others carrying out tasks on time to meet with the daily schedule.
– Driving experience; must have the ability to drive and take rides on tractors (able to turn a hand to general maintenance which may include basic vehicle maintenance)
– Experienced in either a farming environment, tourism, entertainment or outdoors events.
The job role would suit an outgoing personality, someone that enjoys and is able to entertain members of the public.
Email CV to : email@example.com